The holidays are just around the corner— are you ready for the holiday giveaways to begin? I’m excited to share the first one. It’s a good one.
I was so excited to receive a copy of The Feed Zone Cookbook from Dave over at Velo Press last week. This book makes my Top 10 Holiday Gift Guide for Athletes. The Feed Zone Cookbook offers 150 athlete-friendly recipes that are delicious and easy to prepare delicious. Biju and Lim show athletes how easy it is to prepare their own food at home and on the go. The book filled with gorgeous images of food from breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks to sweets and even things like polenta and pizza dough! It even offers over 100 gluten-free and vegetarian alternatives to recipes.
The Feed Zone Cookbook includes
- 150 delicious recipes illustrated with full-color photographs
- Breakfasts, lunches, recovery meals, dinners, snacks, desserts
- Dr. Allen Lim’s take on the science and practice of food
- Portable real food snacks, including Lim’s famous rice cakes
- Dozens of quick-prep meals for before and after workouts
- Shortcuts, substitutions, and techniques to save time in the kitchen
- Over 100 gluten-free and vegetarian alternatives to favorite dishes
There’s something for everyone like Recovery Grilled Cheese to Sweet Pea and Herb Bruschetta, Fig and Honey Rice Cakes, Chickpea Stew, Chicken Tikka Masala, Turkey Lettuce Wraps, Red Lentil Soup, Chocolate Peanut Rice Cakes, and the list goes on. Plus, there’s a shopping list, generous side of basic recipes, and techniques to make your race around the kitchen easy and enjoyable. Stay tuned for pictures of my favorites. This weekend I’m making the Sweet Potato Pancakes. Or maybe I’ll go big and make the Sweet Potato and Egg Burrito! Thank you, The Feed Zone Cookbook and Velo Press!
HOW TO ENTER (please complete all four):
1) Leave a comment below saying you want to win (and anything else you have to say) -easy!
2) “Like” The Feed Zone Cookbook
3) “Like” Yoga Peach on Facebook
4) Leave a comment on the yoga peach Facebook wall to complete entry
Additional entries accepted. One additional entry for each of the following:
- Share this contest on your Facebook using the share button at the bottom.
- Follow yogapeachblog AND VeloPress on twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Include @yogapeachblog and @VeloPress- get the word out!. Please mention in your comment below if you have done so.
- Follow on yogapeachblog on instagram and comment on the giveaway post.
Contest will be open until 11:59pm EST on Monday, December 1. Contest winner must have a US mailing address.
* The winner will be randomly selected and announced on FACEBOOK & Yoga Peach Blog! Please check there to see if you won. The winner will need to contact Yoga Peach within 5 days to provide name and shipping address. Winner will receive one copy of The Feed Zone Cookbook. Good luck everyone!