“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” Plato
1. Smile at everyone you meet.
2. Practice compassion.
3. Think about small things you can do to make someone’s day a little better.
4. Pay for the person behind you at the coffee shop.
5. Talk to yourself kindly.
6. Dedicate time to a charity that has meaning to you.
7. Hide a note of encouragement in your child’s, spouses or significant other’s lunch bag, gym bag, or briefcase.
8. Remove judgements on people, including yourself.
9. Thank your greatest teachers.
10.Thank your worst teachers.
11. Show up.
13. Call a friend or family member instead of texting. Call someone you haven’t talked to in awhile.
15, Think about small things you can do to make someone else’s day a little easier and then do them.
16. Talk to yourself in a kind way to shape the way you view the world.
17. Forgive someone who has wronged you. Life is too short to hold a grudge.
18. Ask for forgiveness when you’ve made a mistake.
19. Be Real. Be your authentic self. A truly kind person will be authentic with their words and actions, realizing the positive impact they can have in every encounter.
20. Leave a note at a coffee shop for the next person.