Well hello there! It’s been awhile. I started Whole30 yesterday and since several of you asked for my Naked Egg Roll recipe I decided it was time to make my way back to blogging. Documenting always helps me progress and improve. I know…I know…I still have several race reports to share. I started writing my NYC Marathon report the week after the race. It seems like so much heart goes into those reports and it just takes me so long to get it all down! I’ve taken a far too long, yet much needed, blog break and glad to be back.
I’m not sure how I feel about Whole30 although I look forward to trying it. It looks like several of you are curious too so I thought it’s best to document what I can. It’s easier to go back and find recipes here than scrolling through Facebook pics and comments. I will do my best to keep you posted.
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 lb bag of coleslaw mix (I used the one with extra carrots) or shredded cabbage
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- Fresh ginger chunk minced (maybe 1-2 Tbsp minced)
- 2-3 tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce (use soy sauce if you can)
- pinch of Italian dried herbs/seasoning
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of garlic powder
- 1-2 scallion onions diced
- Mix pork with italian seasoning and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Heat skillet and add pork, onion, garlic and ginger. Continue to stir so pork crumbles. Don’t drain the little bit of liquid from the pork.
- Once pork is cooked slightly golden add the coleslaw mix and soy sauce or aminos. Cook for just few more minutes until cabbage has softened a bit.
- Top with the green onions.
optional: I didn’t use any oils because the pork provided just enough grease. A dash of sesame oil might be great but I don’t think it’s needed. Recipe is perfect. Enjoy. It’s way more amazing than it sounds with these simple ingredients and steps. Let me know how you like it!